[mythtv-users] The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:14:36 UTC 2007

On 10/17/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 01:46:43PM -0500, Sean Goodpasture wrote:
> >    Personally, I just rip then make em iso's because I want all the quality I
> >    can get.  Of course, I've got 5tb full and need more space...
>
> Anyone got more than 5TB of active, mounted, media storage space?
>
> How is that configured?

Total, yes, but not in one box:

1.5TB in Myth server (raid6)
1.5TB in "general-purpose" fileserver (raid5 with hot spare)
1.5TB in the main desktop (raid5, 4 Western 750G SATA disks, the
fastest storage I have at 85MB/s transfer rates)
2TB in a special backup box (raid5, configured to copy data from other
PCs after boot and turn itself off, when I want to do a backup I press
the power button on it and leave it alone, when it's off the backup is
done).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com