[mythtv-users] Problem importing channels from channels.conf

Paolo Asioli paolo.asioli at libero.it
Wed Oct 17 20:31:28 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to import the following one-liner channels.conf
LA7(TIMB1):738000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:162:163:20

If I use this channels.conf file with xine I see the channel all right,
but when I try to import it into Mythtv using the import existing
channels.conf file I get a warning of "skipping encrypted channel".

I'm using versione 0.20.2

Is there any way to import that file ?

Or someone could explain me where to put the configuration directly into
the database ? I've found some docs but they are for 0.17 and it looks
like the table layout has changed (eg I haven't found the dvb_channel
table).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Paolo