[mythtv-users] MythTV media server on PS3

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Thu Oct 18 03:18:03 UTC 2007

>Has anyone had any luck with mythvideo upnp in .20.2? I don't follow the
>ps3 world very closely, but I was under the impression the new firmware is
>capable of decoding xvid/divx, but browsing mythvideo through the ps3 it
>just shows a bunch of blank media files that won't play. Is this just upnp
>not finished in mythvideo?

I was pleasantly surprised with the uPnP support from 0.20.2, when I
upgraded my xbox to XBMC 2.0 (from 1.0).  It gives options for
browsing recordings based on channel, date, genre, group or title.
Works a treat for video captured from PVR-350 or DVB-S, just doesn't
like transcoded .nuv files.  Only issue I have is with aspect ratio
on playback on a 16x10 LCD monitor, but that's only a problem on
older recordings.

  - Wade