[mythtv-users] ZFS - what's the scoop?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:09:20 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 14:47:52 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > http://www.ntfs-3g.org/performance.html
>
> It looks like they tested with an ancient, slow hard disk to make
> ntfs-3g not look too bad compared to the other filesystems. Any recent
> 3,5" hard disk should reach ~60 MB/s during sequential reads/writes
> (the operations that are pretty relevant for MythTV usage).

I fail to see how the speed of the disk they used for their benchmarks
is relevant unless they used a faster disk for ntfs-3g and slower
disks for the other filesystems - in which case their benchmarks would
be seriously flawed. I have to imagine that they used the same disk
for all their tests. It would be nice to know more details of their
benchmark setup.

-Dave