[mythtv-users] merging/spliting recordings

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:24:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I read a few months ago on the list, that someone is working on the
option to merge/split recordings.

Did somebody hear anything about this any more?

I can merge recordings on the shell by using cat file1.mpg file2.mpg >
file3.mpg, but it would be nice to be able to do it in mythtv. I just
have such a situation and I remembered that someone mentioned this on
the list.

Also it is pretty stupid, when two recordings are starting one after
other (example: two Prison Break episodes) and when 1st episode is
ending in the 2nd recording, because the recordings are split in two
files. Two recordings are also stealing a few  (2-3) seconds from the
show, because of the break between.

M.