[mythtv-users] mythArchive | move mpg's to different location but renamed

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:55:02 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, James Cummings <cummings.james at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who answered -- I experimented with mythrename (and was
> frightened for a minute that the recordings would no longer appear in the
> mythtv list of recordings.  But it was much more clever than I thought!  ;-)
>    Since my desire is just occasionally to move specific shows/episodes to
> long-term storage on a NAS drive, then I think this will work as it is.
> (I'll just run mythrename occasionally then move files to new location then
> delete them one by one in the mythtv interface.)

If you are keeping the recordings, it's best (as Mike said) to use the
--link option to create a human readable link rather than change the
original filenames.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=human+readable+filenames&search_type=AND
--
Doug