[mythtv-users] Xine and LIRC

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 18:00:37 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Alastair Kerr [mailto:alastair.kerr at ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:56 AM
To: lifter89 at comcast.net; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Xine and LIRC

Harry Devine wrote:
> I got my remote working in Myth, but when I try to watch videos that use
> xine, I can't get the xine splash screen to go away when I quit out of
> the video.  I tried adding the "xterm -geometry..." tip in the Wiki, but
> it didn't help.  The man page says that the -q will quit out back to
> Myth, but it doesn't appear to work.  I have my Back/Exit button in my
> lircrc file set to Quit, so I don't understand why xine won't quick back
> out to Myth.
>
> Any ideas?
> Harry

to check:

*  xine looks in ~/.lircrc not ~/.mythtv/lircrc
Easiest to
   ln -s ~/.mythtv/lircrc ~/.lircrc

*  look at the xine keymap file ~/.xine/ for a fill list of values to
use in the config
e.g.
Pause {
        key = space
        modifier = none
}

Use Pause as the config value in lircrc not space

* check if xine was compiled for use with lirc

- Alastair

I'll check it when I get home, but when I run xine, all of the remote's
buttons work (Play, Pause, Stop), it's just when I stop the video, it won't

Can I assume that since I installed Myth via Mythdora, that xine would've
already been compiled with lirc support?  Especially since I can use lirc to
control the video within xine.

Thanks,
Harry