[mythtv-users] DVB-C and mythTV : @home Netherlands

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Thu Oct 18 18:06:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get a DVB-C card working with MythTV (and some other programs as
well) but so far I've had very little luck in the process.

The most I got at the moment is a few channels via xine. I guess I could
import that in MythT but it includes only channels I never watch :-(

The card I'm using is a KNC1 DVB-C PCI. The budget_av driver seems to load
well and after many attempts I got a few channels that I can select in xine
(proof that the card works I would say).

The problems I had include that there is no channel file for my region. Second
I found the w_scan utility but it returns zero channels no matter what
options I use. w_scan must be wrong since xine can display some channels.
Regarding xine I used one of the channel files from the dvb-apps package
(nl_Casema) which is for the Netherlands, but not my region.

I tried a full scan in mythtv, but had no clue what to enter for "frequency"
and "Symbol rate". I had a look at the channel file I used to create
channels.conf for xine and figured it would be 372000000 and 6875000
Unfortunately MythTV doesn't do much when entering those values. Scanning
stays at 3% for a very long time so I guess it's not active.

Is there anything else I can try or does someone know anything about getting
this to work on a @home netwerk in the Netherlands (Limburg).

regards,
Marcel