[mythtv-users] cx88-blackbird & avermedia M150-D

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Thu Oct 18 20:19:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007 12:42:07 Sam Logen wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the great suggestion!  I wasn't sure if
> the card worked, I wasn't able to test it until now.
> Now I know it does.
>
>   Now, I'm cc'ing the mythtv mailing list as well for
> this question, if anyone could please help: To get it
> working under MythTV, how do I enable it in the
> mythtv-setup program?  I've tried setting it up as a
> hardware mpeg2 device, and a v4l device, but I keep
> getting a blank screen and mythtv freezes.
>
> Thank you everyone for the great support,

I suggest you start with the MythTV wiki entry for the card:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_M150-D

The card works, but is a bit, ahem, quirky. ;-) I'm using mine as my second
tuner, with acceptable results. I wouldn't bother with the software encoding
configuration; although it should theoretically work, it's got a lot of
disadvantages and few advantages compared to using the MPEG-2 hardware
encoding configuration. If you can't get it working after reading the wiki
entry, try posting again with more details. Also, log files are your friend,
so be sure to check them; they may contain clues to problems.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com