[mythtv-users] Screen fades to black during video playback (sinking WAF numbers)

Dale d-larson at wi.rr.com
Thu Oct 18 22:20:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

When we watch recorded video and ISO's on MythTV the video will fade out
every 5 or 6 minutes. The fade takes about 5-10 seconds. Hitting a keyboard
key or mouse button will bring it back. Pressing buttons on my PVR-150
remote doesn't bring the screen back.

I turned off Gnome's screen saver and power save funtions. I've turned off
DPMS in xorg.conf and checked my bios for screen savers (it has none). I'm
running an Nvidia 6150 on the Component output at HD1080i. There must be
another screen save function somewhere that I haven't found.

This is causing decreasing WAF.

Any ideas?

Dale