[mythtv-users] Lirc and VNC question

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 18 23:38:42 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
>From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Lirc and VNC question
>
>On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 01:18:52PM -0700, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
>>    The problem is that since they're one and the same computer (the
>>    one she's watching tv on, and the one i vnc into), she hits live tv
>>    on the remote, and it makes both frontends go to live tv. How can i
>>    set lirc to only control desktop 0?
>>
>>    Also, since i'm on the topic, how can i mute all desktops but
>>    desktop 0? Since i can't go directly into editing mode, i have to
>>    play the episode then hit "e" she will hear the first second or so
>>    of each episode (kinda annoying).
>
>I would say you want mythfrontend to have command line switches to a)
>mute it's volume and b) ignore lirc.
>
>I don't know if those switches exist, but that's the approach I'd take.
>
>Oddly, my sister runs a second FE via VNC, and doesn't seem to have the
>audio problem, I don't think.

the second front end issues kde (?) startup sound thru the speakers attached to the main box. I haven't tried running myth recorded programs thru it since you upgraded (and I'm not tonight, because it's Thursday - if you see weird programs running, stop them. If anything breaks Grey's again.....  and my best wishes to the guy who's trying to record Grey's and ER on one tuner)

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"