[mythtv-users] 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10/Mythtv

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Oct 19 14:29:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:19 -0400, Josh White wrote:
> For some reason, I can play a DVD just fine using VLC, but I cannot do
> it with MythDVD.  I believe I can also play the DVD with mplayer (I am
> away from my machine right now, or I would test that belief before
> stating it). I have not changed any of the default MythDVD settings as
> far as player options are concerned (I believe the player setting is
> set to "internal").

Check your settings for MythDVD. Mine was pointing to the wrong device.

>   When I try to watch Live TV from my backend, I get clean audio with
> pink/green squiggly horizontal lines (typically a video codec
> problem).

How's you X driver? How's your setting for live tv playback?

What TV card do yo have?

>   Livetv works fine on my Frontend/Backend machine (running Ubuntu
> 7.10 i386).  I had problems viewing

what problems ?

>  .mp4 and .avi files (I'm not exactly sure what codec they are using,
> I'm not sure where the .avi's were created, but the .mp4 files were
> created no the same machine when it was running Ubuntu 7.04 i386).  I
> hope this stirs the pot enough to generate some more ideas; it has me
> throughly confused.

Are yo using the Mythbuntu stuff?

Are you using the old Ubuntu style of packages?

SVN ?

Beware of the build-dep statement made elsewhere in the thread if you
are using ubuntu packages, that will serve no purpose, just mainly
install -dev packages useless for the running of MythTV itself.

I'm running 7.10 64-bit backend+frontend with no such problem.

http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc/

Nico