[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Blocking Brute Force SSH attacks

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Oct 19 18:23:10 UTC 2007

peter abplanalp wrote:
> ----- "James Armstrong" <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
>

>> Before I moved the port and out the ban script in I actually
>> got paged and immediately went to the console and killed the
>> computer.
>>

> why not just unplug the network cable?  gotta maintain those
> uptimes.  :-)

Come to think of it I think I got paged while I was at work so I logged
in as fast as I could and killed his login session, then he logged back
in. I could not keep him out and I was remote so I had to shut it down
until I was able to change passwords, login access and the port. I used
to get attacks all the time but as soon as you change from port 22 they
go away.

- James