[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and network problems?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 19:16:08 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could be a totally different problem, but I had similar symptoms when I
> first setup an HDHR on my network and Myth backend.  I was banging my head
> against the wall trying to solve the problem because there were no obvious
> error messages or anything like that on either the backend or the frontend.

Right.  I'd like to be know which piece of the network is having
trouble.  It could be the NIC in either the frontend or backend or the
router.  I don't know much about diagnosing networking problems.  Can
anyone point me to some tools or commands to use to help pinpoint
network problems like this?

I thought from my investigations that a 100Mb network could handle 2
HDHR recordings plus streaming to a frontend.  Do others have this
setup working?

Eventually moving to Gig and/or moving the HDHR to its own NIC is
probably a good idea but I'd like to make sure I understand the
bottleneck before I throw hardware at it.