[mythtv-users] Progress with Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 H, but still need help

doug brann dorsal_fin1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 19:29:09 UTC 2007

Hi Alan,
I'm running MythDora4.0. Before that, I tried LinuxMCE, before that Kubuntu, and before that I tried gentoo and fedroa core something or other. It's always analogue that won't work for some reason or another.

I'd think my card was defective, but the problem your seeing is pretty close to what I saw on Kubuntu. Sometimes it would work perfectly, but most times the thing would not change channels, or the sound wouldn't be there.

It's kind of hard to believe that the myth folks call this card "supported". Does anyone know of a card that actually works for analogue tv in Australia?

Alan Calvert <cal at graggrag.com> wrote: doug brann wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I live in the middle of the NT, and most of my channels are analogue.
> ABC and SBS are transmitted on digital and analogue, but Imparja and 7
> are analogue only.
>
> I installed MythDora4.0 and tried to set up my Leadtek 2000H for both
> digital and anlogue. My digital settings work perfectly, but my analogue
> settings get only snow, even though the "myth setup" channel scan
> produced correct results.

If the channels scan ok but then don't present in myth, maybe there's
something funky with the video source you're using for the analogue only
group of channels.

On mine, the scan went fine, and mythtv presents the pics nicely, but any
attempt to change channels results in mythbackend exploding. So far I've
no idea how the audio might might be accessed. I'm running svn trunk
(14696) with kernel 2.6.23.1 (for possible reference on video driver
status).

Hmmm, dunno ...

cheers.

http://mail.yahoo.com