[mythtv-users] Looking for a Mini Mac/AOpen mini PC replacement

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Oct 19 19:37:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:14:54PM -0200, Adilson Oliveira wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Recently, I inquired here about the AOpen mini PCs. Looks like it's not
> a good MythTV frontend/backend combo from the answers I got so I would
> like to ask if someone can point me to something like it or like a Mini
> Mac that I can use: small yet quiet and capable of handling a 720p DVI TV.
> I live in Brazil but I'm going to US next week so any pointers where to
> buy it there will be appreciated.

	That class of box makes a great frontend. However, there's
other components that you might add like capture devices that will
be complicated by the lack of proper expansion slots.

	Disk storage will also be limited and MythTV can consume
disk like you won't believe. In general there's a bit of a conflict
between cool backend features and suitability for the living room.

	Speed of cpu, number of cores, size of disks, number of disk
vs. being quiet and somewhat invisible.