[mythtv-users] it is TOO a DVR (no, not just a capture device) [was Re: The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition]

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sat Oct 20 01:54:46 UTC 2007

We've gone a little OT, so I'm changing the subject

> >> Well I think you're exaggerating just a tad, but I hear what you're saying.

> > No, seriously.
> >
> >    http://www.neurostechnology.com/
> >
> > The one that records to flash media is a little under and the one that
> > records to USB hard disk or network share is about the same price.

> Interesting, but the unit I was describing is only a capture device, it
> needs a computer and software to be useful. I think I paid around $140
> for mine.

No, you are wrong.  A computer is not required.  It's programmed
through its remote and TV on-screen display.  It does not require a
computer.  It is a computer.  A real DVR.  It doesn't have its own
tuner, true: it tunes your cable box via serial or infrared.

It's also friendly to hacking.