[mythtv-users] plans to improve Myth/Compiz integration?

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:28:35 UTC 2007

> > No reason to have compiz.. I would remove it actually..
>
> No offense but your response is really stupid.  Yes no reason to have
> compiz on a dedicated frontend but. . .  Many people (like me) run
> mythfrontend on their normal desktop computer.  I've been looking for a
> good solution to this problem for months.

How is the response stupid. He didn't elaborate on the use of the box. When I
think of Myth unless otherwise stated, I will presume it is a standalone
MythTV box.

So.. I guess you don't start MythTV on startup, since you use it as a desktop
also, why don't you just write a startup script for MythTV (when you want to
use it) to kill compiz before the frontend starts.