[mythtv-users] Screen fades to black during video playback (sinking WAF numbers)

Dale d-larson at wi.rr.com
Sat Oct 20 16:40:45 UTC 2007

I found the problem.

It's a "cockpit error". Somehow the gnome screensaver was turned on again
(from an update?). I use a special account for autolaunching the frontend.
The gnome desktop is damned hard to read on the TV and with overscan it's
impossible. I used VNC to log into another account, turned off autologin
and logged into the myth frontend account with VNC. Lo-and-behold I saw
that the screen saver was on again. I disabled it and now the screen
doesn't blank on me.

Dumb problem... EZ solution.

Dale