[mythtv-users] Duplicates, from the +1 channels

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Sat Oct 20 20:07:16 UTC 2007

Hi,
Is anyone else (UK DVB-T) having issues with duplicates from the irritating +1 channels? I have all channels in my list, using the over-the-air EPG and am getting two copies of a lot of programs due to the +1 channels. This isn't a major issue in a lot of cases, deleting a copy is only a second's job, but there are cases where this is causing other programs to not schedule because a duplicate is being recorded.
In some cases, it can be explained by the fact that on the +1 channels, the descriptions are different, but many times it is not the case.
As an example (this was happening before the channels changed names as well, considering a re-scan tomorrow), possible conflicts with 'Coupling', Monday Oct 22. 2:20 AM. In this instance the conflict is 'The X Factor', but this wasn't the case until I changed the priorities. All schedules are 'Record on any channel' but the scheduler does not appear to be considering the two as duplicates.

      Holby City: Bitter From the Sweet 1 - BBC ONE
      QI 12 - UKTV History
      The X Factor 6 - ITV2
      The X Factor 31 - ITV2 +1

Gareth