[mythtv-users] killing backend

norman norman at littletank.org
Sun Oct 21 15:18:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 15:02 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> norman wrote:
> >> I noticed in '3' there is an item labelled 'Listings Grabber' which was
> >> set to 'Transmitted guide only (FIT)'. I have changed this to 'No
> >> grabber'. started mythbackend and now we wait.

> Have a look at the mythbackend log file. You will probably find in
> '/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log'.

I have looked in the log, which is quite lengthy, and one item repeats
at regular intervals:-

Programme #14336 not found in PAT!

I tried again in the backend setup when I realised that having changed
Grabber I forgot to press 'Enter'. I repeated the process but this time
pressed 'Enter' and there has been no unusual disc activity since. So.
it would appear that there is something amiss with the function of this
setting. Does this help?

Norman