[mythtv-users] 401 Unauthorized - revisted

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at anzavalley.net
Sun Oct 21 20:42:22 UTC 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 1:17 PM, William Munson wrote:

> Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>> i had to rebuild my MythTV , long story.
>>
>> I have grabbed the archives & searched for an answer, but have not
>> found an answer that corrects my problem.
>>
>> I have it pretty well setup, and I have a subscription to Schedules
>> Direct, I just looked and my subscription runs out July 2008.
>>
>> I think I have MythTV setup to work with DISH Network, I can watch
>> LiveTV, record LiveTV, etc. I have followed the HowTo to get to this
>> point.
>>
>> The problem I am having, when I run mythfiilldatabase, I am getting
>> '401 Unauthorized' errors
>>
> First, make sure that you are actually using the schedules direct
> source
> and not data direct in your drop down menu. I am pretty sure you
> have it
> correct. That only leaves a bad user name or password. Log in manually
> to make sure you have it correct.

I did, when I mentioned I just checked the status in the first email.
That was the first thing I checked. I even printed the username/
password to verify when I typed them into MythTV.

Once I get finished recording a DISH PVR recording, I will hit the
setup again, to verify I "schedules direct", which I  think I do have.

---
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at anzavalley.net>
Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: