[mythtv-users] 401 Unauthorized - revisted

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 22 00:41:20 UTC 2007

On 10/21/2007 03:37 PM, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I have it pretty well setup, and I have a subscription to Schedules
> Direct, I just looked and my subscription runs out July 2008.
>
> I think I have MythTV setup to work with DISH Network, I can watch
> LiveTV, record LiveTV, etc. I have followed the HowTo to get to this
> point.
>
> The problem I am having, when I run mythfiilldatabase, I am getting
> '401 Unauthorized' errors
>
> I have been in SETUP numerous time, but am unable to get this
> functioning. Any help/pointers/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If your password has a single quote (') in it, you'll need a
relatively-recent version of 0.20-fixes (or will need to change your
password).

Also, note that the e-mail address (user ID) may be case-sensitive,
unless you're using the same relatively-recent version of 0.20-fixes.
Password is always case sensitive.

Mike