[mythtv-users] multiple tuners and which is default

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 22 04:35:03 UTC 2007

On 10/22/2007 12:20 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:
> I have multiple tuners and the one it picks to tune to first for live tv
> isnt the one I want. Is there a setting I can change to pick which tuner?
> I have been googling but the only thing I have found is words to the effect
> of first tuner defined is default. which in this case its the tuner I defined
> last. (2 pci tuners and 1 firewire, its picking the firewire)

Delete all capture cards and re-create capture cards, then connect
inputs in the order you want them to be used for recording.  If you set
the option:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

LiveTV will use the highest-numbered input.  Otherwise, it will use the
first available local card with the lowest-numbered input (or something
close to that--I may not have all the details right, but it will get you
started).  You seem to have "Avoid conflicts..." set because it's using
firewire (unless it's a local vs remote thing).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike