[mythtv-users] USB remote

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:26:38 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  However, I'm looking for a somewhat cheaper solution
> than that (that does sounds impressive BTW).  The idea of spending $120 to
> control a computer that I spent paid $79.99 for (including $30 shipping)
> seems rather extreme.  I'm interested in a $20-$50 solution at this point.

I have recently purchased a One4All 6131 6 device remote and love it.
It has a lot of options, like press the power button and power on all
of your devices.  No more fumblling around with press TV, press Power,
press Audio, press Power, press PVR, press Power...etc.

It is also JP1 capable, so you can also add macros.  I have yet to add
my JP1 interface but it is on my list of things to do so I can create
a macro where I hit PVR and it changes the input of my Audio receiver,
changes my TV input and is ready to go.

It also features a keymover function, where if your device selection
(PVR in my case) didn't have all of the buttons enabled, you can move
a key from another device and map it to the 'dead' key on the needed
device.  This came in handy because all of the PVR codes for this
remote didn't have ALL of the buttons enabled.  I just set the TiVO
code for the PVR selection and keymoved the dead keys over so I now
use all buttons.

Quite a nice remote for the couple of $10 or so I paid.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/One_For_All_URC-6131