[mythtv-users] Cheap SCSI scanners - was:The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 22 17:45:33 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:18:53AM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>> And the same thing is happening with HDDVD vs. Blu-Ray. Sony doesn't
>> want "porn" on "their" format.
>
> Nope.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/01/17/blu-ray-loves-porn-after-all
>
> http://www.tvpredictions.com/sonyban012407.htm
>
> Ok, to be perfectly accurate, you're right: they don't "want" porn on
> BD.  But they don't dislike the idea enough to not take people's money,
> though there's pretty decent evidence that there wasn't an outright ban
> in the Betamax days, either:
>
> http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=2126

In other words they want to protest enough to make the porn-haters think
they are on their side, but not enough to actually cut into profits.

The first Beta machine I ever worked on had a copy of "Deep Throat"
jammed in the transport, probably from too much shuttling and pausing :-)

If you do not want to watch any particular sort of programming there is
an obvious answer - just don't.

beww