[mythtv-users] Generic Episodes ONLY with SD?

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Mon Oct 22 18:47:16 UTC 2007

Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Enigma wrote:
>
>> Ever since I switched to Schedules Direct I have been having a  problem
>> with generic descriptions on several programs.  I figured it was just
>> the normal TMS "poor data " problem, we saw this with zap2it from time
>> to time.  However, the issue does not seem to be getting any better.
>>

> I've been seeing this a lot with Family Guy, for instance this Wednesday
> night my Upcoming Recordings shows I'll be recording Family Guy episode
> with no episode data at 5:30pm on CW. But Zap2it.com shows the listing
> data as episode "Death Lives". So TMS has the data but I didn't get it
> from Schedules Direct.
>
> In fact for the next 3 days I'll be recording 6 generic episodes of
> Family Guy. But I'm actually recording an SD and HD version of the same
> episode each day. This is because I have the schedule setup to recording
> any time / any channel, and not excluding generics.
>
> Mike
Replying to myself. Notice above I said the 'bad data' episodes started
from Wednesday and went forward. Well (according to Mike T Dean in this
thread http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/290628)
mythfilldatabase refreshes tomorrow's data everyday.

Since I didn't have any episodes missing data for tomorrow I ran
"mythfilldatabase --refresh-all" and now the aforementioned Family Guy
episodes have been corrected. If I had just let myth run its course
Wednesday's data would have been fixed tomorrow, Thursday's the next
day, and so on.

So I guess the moral is, you shouldn't worry about bad data unless its
on today or tomorrow's listing. You could run --refresh-all but it would
just be more load on the SD servers.

Mike