[mythtv-users] xmltv channel id mapping to actual channel tuning frequencies?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:33:42 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how MythTV takes the data from an SD download and maps the
> xml id to the actual channel frequency?
>
> For example:
> <map station='28506' channel='928' from='2006-10-25'/>
>
> Is an entry in my SD download file. I'd like to know how and where MythTV
> correlates that to a cable frequency in order to tell the tuner how to get
> the channel.
>
> I think this information might be useful to folks using digital tuners.
> Perhaps knowing what frequency the channel is supposed to be at will assist
> in finding channels that don't scan in right away.

For tuners for which Myth needs to scan channels (QAM tuners), the
frequency varies by provider, so Myth does not know the association
between xmltvid and frequency.  Sometimes it can figure out the
xmltvid for a scanned channel, but the channel has to be scanned and
recognized first.  Sometimes you have to figure out what the channel
is and assign the xmltvid yourself, after the channels have been
scanned.

I think there's a wiki page that has some frequency tables that
individuals have entered, so you might check there to see if your
location is in there.

-Jerry