[mythtv-users] play dvd from hard drive with xine

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:21:44 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Lord Darkhelmet <lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible to play a ripped dvd from the hard drive using xine when
> called from mythvideo ?   I have several dvds on the hard drive in the
> raw .vob, .ifo, .bup files but through mythvideo you cannot select the
> entire directory and then pass the command off to xine.  Is there a
> workaround for this or am I stuck making them into .iso or a single
> large .vob ?

Check this thread:

what version of mythvideo are you running?  MythVideo recognizes the
VIDEO_TS directories fine for me, and from there I use the following
command line:

xine -fg dvd:%s

Well, actually I don't quite use that command line...I use a script to
make sure the video is correctly mounted as I have several networked,
dynamically mounted video directories...but it boils down to that
command line in it's simplest form.

--
Doug