[mythtv-users] Not getting all channels!

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 00:25:00 UTC 2007

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Phil Bridges wrote:

>>> What happens if you just do a channel scan in mythtv-setup and then
>>> use those channels in the channel editor?
>>>

>> Here's a snippet of my channel table from my database.  This is what
>> mythtv-setup shows me (I'm showing them in 2 rows for readability):
>> _*chanid   channum   freqid   sourceid   callsign
>> name   icon   finetune   videofilters   xmltvid   recpriority
>> contrast   brightness   color   hue   tvformat
>> *_1170     17#0         17         1            UNKNOWN17#0
>>                0                                                0
>> _*commfree    visible    outputfilters    useonairguide    mplexid
>> serviceid    atscsrcid    tmoffset   atsc_major_chan   atsc_minor_chan*_
>>     0                  1                                           0
>>                   1               1              NULL             0
>>                0                         0
>>
>> Thanks alot for the help!
>> Harry
>>

> Did you get this from scanning for the channels in mythtv-setup?  Have
> you tried tuning those channels in the channel editor and assigning
> XMLTV IDs to them?

Yep, I got that from scanning from mythtv-setup.  I know that I can get
the XMLTVID from the tooltip in my SD lineup, but what channel do I tune
to?  I've been tuning to 17#0, etc., then running into the other room to
find the matching channel, and putting the right information into the
channel editor.  Like I've said in other posts, I can only tune 50 of my
328 scanned channels.  The rest of them show either a blank screen, or a
message saying "You should've gotten a lock by now".

Thanks,
Harry