[mythtv-users] My whole house setup

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Wed Oct 24 00:59:50 UTC 2007

Have you considered something like Motion
(http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome) for your security
system? I use motion and have it set to take a picture and record an avi
whenever motion is detected. I suppose mythgallery could be pointed at
these files to get an idea of current activity. I'm not sure how you'd
prefer to have your surveillance system setup, but I'd much rather get an
overview of the days activity than watch a live stream. Motion also allows
for auto pan and tilt.
It should be possible to use a v4l device for both motion and your current
myth setup, I once used a utility called vloopback or something like that.
It would simply create 2 video device files to access the same actual
device.

Also, would mythtvosd suit your needs for wishlist #4?