[mythtv-users] Question about MCE remote keys (TV Power)

Joe Votour vulturej at vulturesnest.net
Wed Oct 24 05:39:22 UTC 2007

I think that the LED in the MCE remote will light up in response to
any IR signal that comes in.  It lights up with my TV remote, as well
as some unknown default DVD player in my universal remote control.

The TV power button (and volume up/down buttons) is actually
programmed like a learning remote control, so the easiest way would be
to program some other button compatible with a MCE remote, yet unused
on your MCE remote, to the TV power button.

Or, do like I do, and use a JP1 remote control.  :)

-- Joe