[mythtv-users] Automating the Video Manager

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Oct 24 10:55:14 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

This is an issue that would increase the WAF (or, in this case, GAF) of
my current system.

Video files come and go off my system, often enough that going to Main
Menu->Setup->Utilities->Video Manager and back to Main Menu->Media
Library->Watch Videos all the time is kind of a pain.

Especially since I pretty much always say "Yes To All" when accepting
the changes every time I go in. In fact, I can't ever think of an
instance where I didn't.

Maybe it's useful for others, but for me this whole process seems like
I'm repeating steps that could just be automatic.

The WAF issue comes into play because sometimes after moving files
around, I sometimes don't remember to update everything in the MythTV
interface, which then leads to an unsatisfactory experience for my
significant other.

I think the best solution would be for the video manager to update the
collection of video files every time Media Library->Watch Videos is
selected. And, automatically select  "yes to all".

It would result in a few extra seconds of time opening the Watch Videos
interface, but since it already seems to take a few seconds to do some
processing, I don't think it would be noticeable.

Can this be done?

Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G