[mythtv-users] Automating the Video Manager

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:23:51 UTC 2007

It would be more important that MythVideo can sort videos by "date
added" ... It is really not a joy to scroll and scroll and scroll in a
gallery mode to find a video just added just in the middle of the
list.

"yes to all" is for me pretty dangerous because my videos are on the
file server which is not always and not always mounted. "yes to all"
would delete all metadata when file server is not online.

and adding more than directory to mythvideo would also be nice...
instead of making symlinks etc... but this is getting to much OT...

M.

2007/10/24, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com>:

> > From: Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com >
> > Subject: [mythtv-users] Automating the Video Manager
> > To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >
> > MythTV Users,
> >
> > This is an issue that would increase the WAF (or, in this case, GAF) of
> > my current system.
> >
> > Video files come and go off my system, often enough that going to Main
> > Menu->Setup->Utilities->Video Manager and back to Main Menu->Media
> > Library->Watch Videos all the time is kind of a pain.
> >
> > Especially since I pretty much always say "Yes To All" when accepting
> > the changes every time I go in. In fact, I can't ever think of an
> > instance where I didn't.
> >
> > Maybe it's useful for others, but for me this whole process seems like
> > I'm repeating steps that could just be automatic.
> >
> > The WAF issue comes into play because sometimes after moving files
> > around, I sometimes don't remember to update everything in the MythTV
> > interface, which then leads to an unsatisfactory experience for my
> > significant other.
> >
> > I think the best solution would be for the video manager to update the
> > collection of video files every time Media Library->Watch Videos is
> > selected. And, automatically select  "yes to all".
> >
> > It would result in a few extra seconds of time opening the Watch Videos
> > interface, but since it already seems to take a few seconds to do some
> > processing, I don't think it would be noticeable.
> >
> > Can this be done?
> >
> > Thank you for any advice.
> >
> > --
> > Dave M G
>

> I agree, I've always found this (and a lot of other things in the interface)
> non-intuitive. I created my own menu layout and theme in order to get
> maximum WAF/GAF.
>
> One of these days when I'm feeling ambitious I'll package them up with an
> installer and post.
>
> Joe

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche