[mythtv-users] plans to improve Myth/Compiz integration?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Wed Oct 24 13:46:36 UTC 2007

Peter Baumgartner wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> With Gutsy out now and Compiz enabled by default, I'm wondering if there
>> are plans underway for a future version of MythTV to work better going
>> fullscreen with Compiz enabled? Right now, I'm having to switch to
>> running Metacity when I wish to run MythTV...
>>
>> Is this a MythTV issue?
>>

> Gutsy/Compiz/MythTV is working nearly as expected here. Before, the
> panel sat above MythTV in fullscreen as described previously on this
> list. Since upgrading to Gutsy, simply clicking the mouse inside the
> mythfrontend raises it above the panel.

Yeah, it is working better for me, but since disabling Compiz my
mythbackend has finally gotten stable for some reason, and I still
haven't figured out how to change my output so that recordings and
playback appear properly...

For the time being, I've given up on Compiz...

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org