[mythtv-users] is mythfrontend broken

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:05:06 UTC 2007

On 24/10/2007, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> I have recently carried out some repair work on the backend set up which
> seemed to have been successful. However, I am now unable to record a
> programme by pre-setting it in Programme Guide. When the time comes for
> the recording to start there is a lot of harddrive activity but the
> recording shows a screen full of broken white lines on a black
> background. It is possible to record by pressing 'R' when a programme is
> running but this defeats the object of my set up. Do I need to remove
> mythfrontend and start again?

I wouldn't remove your frontend just yet, it sounds to me more like a
channel-setup, or TV guide problem on the backend.

Obviously your tuners are still working because you can record from
Live TV, but it seems like scheduled recording are using duff channel
parameters and recording garbage.

What's the nature of the repair work you've been carrying out, maybe
you've broken the association between the channel settings and the
guide data.