[mythtv-users] Question about MCE remote keys (TV Power)

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:50:38 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:

> I want it so that when I turn the television off (the myth frontend always
> runs) it automatically jumps to the main menu and stops recording livetv.

To turn the TV off, you'll need to place one of the IR blasters that
come with the MCE remote over the IR receiver on your TV.  Then you'll
need to determine the proper code that your TV wants to see to turn
the power on/off.

To do this, start up irrecord (with lircd off), and record a new
remote profile.  Then, using the remote that came with your TV (not
the MCE USB2), record the buttons.  When you're done, you should have
the codes you need.

Then, you can use irsend to turn your TV on or off.  Works great for me.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com