[mythtv-users] Storage Groups, free space, (and auto-expire?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 24 18:57:29 UTC 2007

On 10/24/2007 02:38 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2007, at 11:18 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/24/2007 01:33 PM, Brian Guilfoos wrote:
>>
>>> Aside: it seems that it would be possible to have a Storage Group
>>> directory that is only mounted on a slave backend - how does
>>> playback of
>>> those recordings happen on a frontend that doesn't mount that share?
>> It's streamed from the backend.
>>
> Does this work for MythWeb, or just for MythFrontend?

Only mythfrontend.  MythWeb doesn't currently have any real support for
"playing" recordings (only the prototype Flash/streaming stuff in
trunk).  MythWeb requires locally-accessible recordings files (must be
locally accessible in one of the directories in one of the storage
groups defined for the hostname that corresponds to the MythWeb server).

I can't access recording files that exist on my slave backend through
MythWeb because none of my recording directories are shared to the
MythWeb machine (master backend).  Once the backend has support for
transcoding on-the-fly (currently being worked on), MythWeb will be
modified to be able to receive a file that's streamed from the backend.

Mike