[mythtv-users] reserving blocks of time

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Oct 25 02:21:27 UTC 2007

On 24-Oct-07, at 10:05 PM, Paul Homlish wrote:

> I need to prevent mythtbackend from recording at certain times of the
> week.  Can I do that easily?

Change the fill database command (in mythtv-setup) to be a script
that does the regular fill database and then something like this:

mysql --silent -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg <<EOF
delete
from program
where hour(starttime) < 8
   and (hour(endtime) >= 7;
EOF

followed by a command to tell the backend to reschedule.

I use such a setup to prevent recordings during the time slot when
the cable company pushes set top box updates. Of course, all the
usual sql functions for day of week and whatever are available to you.

- George