[mythtv-users] Upgrading knoppmyth to ubuntu

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Thu Oct 25 04:28:15 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/23/2007 08:50 AM, Andrew Close wrote:
>
>> maybe we should add a section to the wiki on distro migration..?

>> how to safely migrate an existing database so you don't
>> loose previous recording info.  etc...
>>

> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5
> and, possibly,
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7
>
> Mike

I am about to upgrade / migrate my back end to Ubuntu as well, At the
moment I am experiencing intermitant lockup when a program ends during
live tv and I have to go back to the menu  and back into live tv to  fix
it. I read somewhere that it may be due to a corrupt recordedseek table,
If I was using the second option and did not backup the recordedseek
table can I recreate with mythrebuilddatabase.pl?

thanks

Lee McLaren