[mythtv-users] Manual zoom mode and overscanning

Ivan Kowalenko kichigaimentat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:44:25 UTC 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 02.20, Joe Auty wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I normally like to watch TV with one page up zoom while in manual
> zoom mode.

I'm a little confused by the phrase "one page up zoom." Could you
possibly explain that for me?

> Is there anyway to make this setting permanent? I take it that the
> way to set this is by adjusting my overscan settings, but I was
> wondering if any of you have any tips as to what overscan settings
> I should use to match my desired result? Equating this to a
> resolution is a little confusing.

You're right, the overscan settings would be the recommended place to
make these adjustments. My only suggestion to you is to try and
figure out by what percentage you need to adjust the overscan. If
it's 10%, then adjust by 10% of your resolution (IE, at 640x480,
adjust by 32 left, 32 right, 24 top, 24 bottom).

Other than that, trial and error would probably be your best bet.