[mythtv-users] shutting down

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:52:05 UTC 2007

On 10/21/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Ma Begaj wrote:
> > -s/--status flag         (returns a code indicating the current status)
> >                           flag is 0 - don't check recording status
> >                                   1 - do check recording status (default)
> >

> > but now is 1 default. it is not needed any more, as you said.
> >
> > M.

> >> Are you sure that's correct? What's the "1" after the "-s"? Shouldn't it be
> >>
> >> mythshutdown -s -v all | grep 'status returned: 0' >/dev/null
> >>

> It depends on what version of Myth you are using.
>
> The option to check for any recordings taking place was only added
> fairly recently and is only available in the svn trunk version.

I'm a bit confused; If I give -s an argument it spits out an error at
me. does -s 1 only work in newer versions, and in those versions, is
it the default? I'm using mythbuntu, so I'm guessing mine's out of
date.

And what about setting a wakeup time? Is there a way to query
mythbackend for the next sheduled recording, or even better, to invoke
the idle shutdown logic? Tino's method should work, but seems like a
bit of a hack.

Cheers,

vik