[mythtv-users] PVR-150 IR receiver extension?

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:16:04 UTC 2007

Mark Boyum wrote:

> Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions.  Tonight while the wife was
> out and after the toddler went to bed, I hacked my IR cord apart and
> spliced in a length of CAT5.  This worked great!  My soldering skills
> are terrible, but the connections will be hidden anyhow.  I'm still
> tweaking the bindings to my liking, but that shouldn't take long.
> Eliminating the need to use a laptop to send telnet commands to the
> frontend should greatly increase the WAF!
>
> Thanks again as I wouldn't have thought to cut up the cord on my own.

Congratulations! As Murphy would have it, the power shut off minutes
after I turned on the halogens this morning. A quick trip out back
confirmed a smoldering patch of turf in the neighbor's backyard. Sparky
didn't arrive until late afternoon to put another band-aid on the
hemorrhaging artery.

I was able to complete much of the light table work last night but the
plasma and 66 block connections have to wait. A very rough framework
with some step-by-step galleries is up only because I hit send instead
of preview during an early edit. None of the detailed text, specs,
steps, references or links are in yet but I'll plug away at it for
awhile longer.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/IR_-_Extending_an_IR_receiver

--
mw