[mythtv-users] Changing mythconverg tables to use MEMORY a opposed to MyISAM?

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Thu Oct 25 12:50:56 UTC 2007

Ben Lancaster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone experimented with changing the table types of some
> commonly used tables in mythconverg to use MEMORY rather than MyISAM?
> In an attempt to reduce disk noise, I was wondering whether this
> could be a worthwhile approach? Obviously, there's corruption issues
> in case of power failure or MySQL server crashes, but I haven't had
> either in years

It would be possible but a pita to maintain.  I have never used heap
tables for anything other than entirely disposable data - session data
for example.  I guess you could backup to disk nighlty at a quiet time
so you only lose 24 hours of data.

If noise is your issue a diskless setup has to be something to look at?

Dave