[mythtv-users] Can mythtv play VOBs?

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 25 15:15:42 UTC 2007

I'm not home now, or I'd check.
I know it plays avi's - actually avi's renamed .mpg and stuck into the database by hand - I lost a few Grey's, Brothers & Sisters, Journeyman eps in the 10pm crashes I may have finally stopped having, and had to wedge in some avi's. (it works a whole lot better than it did in .18 or whatever we were using last, btw)

MythRip isn't working
MythVideo, does not, as far as I know, do playlists.

Playing the commercial DVDs mythDVD - when it cycles thru all the eps on a disc, it goes back to the menu, with a music loop that tends to wake me up

all my old Grey's avi's were saved on the hard drive that is currently broken.

I could use my homemade DVDs with no menu music but you can't be all that selective about which eps you want - and train wrecks and bomb threats at 3am just don't do it for me.

I have the eps on recorded-to-DVD-analog-from-myth-with-dubbing-cables-and-a-DVD-recorder which I could stuff in (to the directory and database), if I thought that would work.

TMI, I know. (also I could have looked it up, but why would someone document such a redundant "feature")

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"