[mythtv-users] OEM vs. Retail Drives - Was: Dell dual-quad...

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:07:18 UTC 2007

All I'm interested in is the protection offered by an additional layer of
card board.  I don't care if that layer has an ASUS, Cheerios, or blank
label.  I could care less about anything else.  For example, I also bought a
miniPCI network card for an old laptop.  It came in a plain box, with some
bubble wrap, and an external antenna that I don't need.  That's fine with
me, because it doesn't appear that the guy at new egg just removed the card
from his old laptop because he just go himself a new one.

As long as my new drive works, I'm happy.  All I'm saying is that opening
the box to find a loose drive doesn't ADD to my confidence level that it
will work.

My main point was that I would expect packaging like that from a vendor in
eBay, not from Newegg.