[mythtv-users] OEM vs. Retail Drives - Was: Dell dual-quad...

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Oct 25 20:32:46 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Josh White wrote:
>
>> I guess I've been luck on the "OEM" stuff I bought that came in a
>> box in the past.  Thanks for the info.
>
> I remember OEM hard disks used to be referred to as "white box
> drives" because of the plain, unadorned packaging.

But the box cost $0.12, so now it comes in a plastic bag that only costs
$0.07.  Next week they'll start slapping mailing labels on the drives
themselves....

(Sorry, I'm a bit cynical today; I just blew up a database I've been
trying to bring up for the 4th time today.... I just *hate* installing
new versions of stuff.)

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.