[mythtv-users] You should have gotten a channel lock...

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:23:54 UTC 2007

Hi!

On 10/25/07, Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a DVB-C card to work in MythTV. Some parts seem to work, but
> I still get a black image and after a few seconds a message saying :
>
> You should have gotten a channel lock
> by now.
[...]
> Channel scanning works and all channels can be selected.

Please go into mysql  and post the results from these commands:

use mythconverg;
describe channel;

(Notice the semi-colons after each line.)

Background: I had the same problem recently, and in my case it was due
to the varchar columns having shrunk after the switch to utf8. They
simply didn't have space fo all the info, so some important characters
were cut off.

Jens