[mythtv-users] OEM vs. Retail Drives - Was: Dell dual-quad...

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 00:42:33 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> > I've felt confident enough in NewEgg to order Crucial RAM from them
> > (no problems yet), and have returned at least one item to them without
> > a hitch.
>
> Yeah, it's just that having to pay return shipping eats up any
> savings over going to a retail outlet pretty quickly.

Oh to live in a place where the computer stores have the kind of
selection NewEgg has!

The only semi-decent computer store I'm aware around here is...wait
for it... TigerDirect!

/groan

Their return policy AS STATED does stink horribly, but I've had decent
luck just going in and asking anyway.

I've also had decent luck with NewEgg even when I accidentally forgot
to actually send the RMA for a perfectly functional video card that I
just didn't like when I got it.  I only had to email them and asked
for an extension and they just noted it was going to be late and
didn't give me a bit of hassle.  I'm a huge NewEgg fan!

Of course, when you receive an OEM CPU in just the little plastic
clamshell with a piece of foam, you have to wonder, but it worked
fine...

Ry