[mythtv-users] suggestions for improving my external channel changing script

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Oct 26 01:37:56 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Joe Auty wrote:
>
>> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>>> It sounds like you're having an IRQ conflict between your blaster and
>>> your capture card. Try swapping slots and see if that fixes your
>>> issue.
>> My capture card is a PCI card and my blaster is a homemade serial IR
>> blaster. Would this still apply even though they are different
>> device types?
>
> It could. Check your interrupts with cat /proc/interrupts and see if
> you're sharing your ivtv device with your serial device on the same IRQ.

Hmmm... I can't make sense of this, can you?

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:     226408          0    XT-PIC-XT        timer
  1:          2          0    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
  3:      33081          0    XT-PIC-XT        ehci_hcd:usb5, ivtv0, VIA8237
  6:          2          0    XT-PIC-XT        floppy
  7:          2          0    XT-PIC-XT        parport0
  8:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        rtc
  9:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        acpi
 10:       6577          0    XT-PIC-XT        uhci_hcd:usb1,
uhci_hcd:usb2, eth0
 11:     163692          0    XT-PIC-XT        ohci1394, uhci_hcd:usb3,
uhci_hcd:usb4, sata_via, nvidia
 12:          4          0    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
 14:       8187          0    XT-PIC-XT        ide0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:     226323     226707
ERR:          0